Learning never ends, at least it never needs to. The opportunities for learning, regardless of age, are nearly limitless. There are the serious topics necessary for all Older Adults to know about:
- Legal matters (wills, living wills, advanced directives, powers of attorney, and so many more)
- Health Concerns
- Protection from Scams, Abuse, and Other Crimes (Howard County Police Department has an officer dedicated to presentations to protect Older Adults. Perhaps your local police department does as well.)
Then there are the fun things:
- Art (My husband’s uncle is 80 and just learning to paint. And he is good!!!)
- Travel, oh I may have already mentioned that
Even better, there are a great variety of ways and locations to learn:
- Community Centers
- Community Colleges
- Online Classes
- Over the Phone (There is an extensive program in New York that does just that.)
- many, many more…..
These lists can go on for quite a while. And that is great! It can seem overwhelming when we look at the serious issues, but expanding the list of enrichment options opens up a world of opportunities to learn about areas that you may not have had time to pursue until now.
We will be exploring these ideas here and sharing resources where you can learn… This is the link one of the highest rated community colleges in the country and it is right in our county.
Please share in the comments you would want to learn more about.